The 72 hour kit list is also known as garb and run bag. It is called so because it deals with the disaster and hazardous situations. And at the time of disaster no one can estimate the effect or level of severity of the disaster. All you need to do is just to take yourself and your family as far away from disaster as possible. Else you may fall the victim of the disaster and all your preparedness went wrong. The analyst and other persons working in this field advised that whenever you face an emergency situation just grab your 3 day survival kit according to the 72 hour kit list and run away from the disaster. It is foolish to stand there and try to resist the coming disaster because it is said that no one can stand in front of the Mother Nature. That’s why it is also advised that your 3 day emergency kit should be placed at such a place from where you could easily escape out of the territory and there too, it should be visible, so that you should not waste your time in preparing 72 hour kit list. This is so because at the time of emergency you don’t have the time to prepare for the survival kits in accordance with 72 hour kit list.
Way to check out 72 hour kit list:
The best way is to prepare the 72 hour kit list at the time of peace right before the occurrence of disaster. Get your back pack ready. Make a checklist of all the items you need in case of emergency and place it at the right place. Not only keep the 72 hour survival kit but also go for some regular training of the entire item included in your 72 hour survival kit list. Keep on updating the item of 72 hour kit list as or when possible.
It is important to have all the items to be checked on regular basis in order to avoid any inconvenience at the hour of need.
The right way of checking the 3 day emergency survival kit is to make a check list of all the , included in back pack so that you should not have any problem and each time just go through the checklist and save your time and when required go for the 72 hour kit list requirements. A general form of checklist is given below.
Checklist for 72 hour kit list:
This 72 hour kit list gives the overall requirement to be fulfilled:
• Is water fit for drinking?
• Is there any foul smelling in it? If yes then dispose it off.
• The bottle of jar containing water is clean or not.
• Check for leakage of it.
First aid kit:
• Antiseptics put in first aid kit should not be of expiry date.
• Sufficient no. of dressing rolls should be there in 72 hour kit list (normally 8-10 rolls per bag)
• Include scalpel and pair of scissors in 72 hour kit list if deemed necessary.
Torch/ Flash lights:
• Check whether the battery of flash light or torch is fine enough to go for at least three days.
• If flash is of LEDs then check that you should have some extra LEDs along with it.
• Also check whether you have some extra battery or not in 72 hour kit list?
• Check whether or not rope is capable of carrying some sufficient amount of load or not?
• Remember to have hook along with the rope.
• Check if the rope is torn. If yes then discard the rope and replace it with new one.
• Check whether set of tool is complete or not.
• Check for the rusting of items in 72 hour kit list. It is better to have item that are made of stainless steel.
• Check for the sharpness of the knives.
• These should be sharp enough to cut wood at least.
• Check that blanket should not be torn and should be warm in case of cold season.
• Check that radio is in operational condition or not.
• Also check the frequency of the radio.
Important telephone no.:
• All the no. should be updated after every six month.
• Match the no. of rescue departments from their sites.
• Maps should be updated after every three month.
• Check that they match with the maps of metrological department or not.
• Check that your match stick in 72 hour kit list should not be damped by moisture.
• It is better to have electric lighter instead of match stick in 72 hour kit list.
This is the checklist for some necessary items of 72 hour kit list which are, by general consenses, required in almost all type of emergencies. But if you want to include some other necessary items in your 72 hour kit list then you must have some safe cushions in case of emergencies.
This 72 hour kit list is as important as is the survival kit itself. So you must not ignore the importance of you forget anything this checklist of 72 hour survival kit list will tell you. Anything and there will be very rare possibility if ignoring or forgetting anything. These are the thing one should think in order to make his back pack effective regarding sorted out 72 hour kit list.